Table of Contents
What is SnapCorrect?
SnapCorrect is an at-home teeth straightening service that makes it possible to get a straighter smile from the convenience of home. Their clear aligners are custom-made to fit your smile and gradually shift the position of your teeth. Marketed to be more translucent than other options on the market, SnapCorrect may be an appealing choice for those seeking a straighter smile, but don’t want teeth aligners to be visible to others.
SnapCorrect vs Invisalign
SnapCorrect is very similar to Invisalign. Both companies create translucent clear aligners to straighten the teeth. These some of the key differences between the two companies:
- SnapCorrect is more convenient than Invisalign. With Invisalign, you will have to see a dentist or orthodontist dozens of times over the course of teeth straightening treatment. With SnapCorrect, all of your check-ins are conducted online and you receive your clear aligners in the mail.
- SnapCorrect is much cheaper! Invisalign usually costs between $4,000 and $8,000. By selling directly to the customer, SnapCorrect offers the promise of straighter teeth for only $1,749.
- SnapCorrect is only suitable for mild to moderate cases of misaligned teeth. When you go in-person to get Invisalign treatment, the dentist or orthodontist has the opportunity to place special attachments on your teeth, which can speed up or enhance the quality of your treatment. Because treatment with SnapCorrect is conducted remotely, attachments cannot be included in your treatment plan. This makes SnapCorrect less ideal for more severe cases of misaligned teeth.
SnapCorrect vs Other Home Aligner Services
Over the past few years, several new companies have launched home aligner services similar to SnapCorrect. Based on our research, the top four at-home invisible aligner services are: Candid Co., Smile Direct Club, Smilelove, and SnapCorrect.
Out of these four providers, we rank SnapCorrect #4. Here’s a summary of how SnapCorrect stacks up:
- Comes with free teeth whitening gel for life.
- Marketed as the most translucent (un-noticeable) clear aligners on the market.
- The company was started by a dental industry veteran who formerly created a popular teeth whitening service. Through insider industry knowledge, SnapCorrect may be able to provide a more reliable service than some of its competitors.
- With just a handful of employees on LinkedIn, the company is still very small and doesn’t have a well established track record.
- Other home aligner services such as Candid Co and Smile Direct Club work with large, well established dental technology providers to ensure they can deliver high quality aligners. We couldn’t determine whether SnapCorrect partners with a reputable company to produce their aligners.
Who is SnapCorrect Ideal For?
If you’re looking for a straighter smile at a low price, care about having the clearest aligners possible, and are willing to take a risk on a less well established service provider, SnapCorrect may be a great option for you.
The total cost to purchase an aligner kit from SnapCorrect is $1,749. This makes SnapCorrect a great value. It is also significantly more affordable than Invisalign which usually costs more than $4,000.
Like all other at-home teeth aligner services, they will send you a teeth whitening kit along with your order. SnapCorrect goes the extra mile by offering free whitening for life.
They also include your first set of retainers in the purchase price, whereas the most popular clear aligner companies (Smile Direct Club and Invisalign) do not ($100 value).
It is unclear who oversees your care when ordering aligners from SnapCorrect and what credentials they have. They do not disclose whether orthodontists, dentists, or someone else handles your treatment plan, but they do refer to “dental technicians,” who appear to be highly involved in the treatment planning. Other companies like Candid Co. work exclusively with orthodontists to create your treatment plan from start to finish.
In addition, there is not very much information available about the aligners offered by SnapCorrect compared to other at-home teeth straightening services. Other home aligner services are partnered with large, well respected aligner manufacturers. For instance, Smile Direct Club purchases their aligners as well as the technology used to customize your aligner treatment plan directly from Align Tech, the makers of Invisalign. Candid Co. appears to purchase their aligners from ClearCorrect, the second largest manufacturer of invisible aligners in the US.
These potential differences in professional experience and aligner quality may affect the final result of your smile transformation. Their product appears to work, but there is a lack of clarity about who makes the treatment plan.
At-home teeth straightening is by definition more convenient than seeing a dentist month after month.
When getting started, you order a kit and they send you an impression kit. Once you make impressions of your teeth and send them back, they will prepare a treatment plan. If you approve the treatment plan, they will create and send your aligners to you in the mail.
Other at-home teeth straightening services like Smile Direct Club and Candid Co are now offering physical store locations where you can get your teeth scanned. By scanning your teeth, you are able to skip the impression kit step. This is the fastest way to get started with treatment. Because SnapCorrect does not offer physical stores where you can scan your teeth, they do not provide the most efficient way to get started with at-home teeth straightening.
SnapCorrect’s support appears to be average. Their return policy is consistent with most other clear aligner companies.
If they determine you are not a good candidate for treatment once they receive your teeth impressions, they will refund you.
SnapCorrect is a new company offering at-home teeth straightening. Their free teeth whitening for life is very generous and they show promising signs of being a good option for those who are budget-conscious and want a great smile.